CPS Announces Request for Proposals; Regionally Coordinated Agricultural Production -- Water Treatment Baseline Program
Up to $1M available to fund five regional awards
CPS and other agencies have funded much research on the topics of indicators, index organisms, and sampling regimes. At this time the focus will be on solutions: where and when are agricultural water treatments appropriate, and what options are available to growers.
- Webinar for scientists interested in submitting a proposal: June 4, 2019. Webinar PowerPoint with speaker notes NEW!
- Submit intent to apply: by Monday, July 1, 2019 @ 12:00 noon Pacific Standard Time. Email to: Proposals@centerforproducesafety.org. Include the following:
- Name of Principal Investigator, Position or Faculty Title, Department, Company, Foundation, or Institution and the same information for up to four co-Principal Investigators.
- State the region (see guidance document) the proposal will cover and list the specific states that will be included in any phase of the required objectives and also any additional directly relevant research objectives (see RFP Final with Background).
- Indicate potential funding source that may serve as the cash-match (ex. Specialty Block Grant Program, Trade association, industry research board or commission, partner, other grant funds)
- CPS requests to be informed of the intent to include controlled system validation studies on pathogen log-reduction with at least one surface water source included in the proposed on-farms regional study. This is not binding and only requested to assist CPS in planning for reviews and planned distribution of award funding.
- Submit a proposal: by Tuesday, August 20, 2019 @ 12:00 noon Pacific Standard Time
- Award recipients notified: by Wednesday, September 25, 2019
- PI Methods & Standards Coordination Meeting: Nov 13–14, 2019 (location to be determined)
Forms - Please check for updates before a proposal is submitted.
ATTENTION RESEARCH SCIENTISTS - Scientists that have an interest in collaborating with CPS are encouraged to ask questions about the proposal process, research priorities and CPS expectations of funded scientists. Please send questions to email@example.com or call the CPS office (530) 554-9706.
NEW IDEAS - Please contact CPS Executive Director regarding rapid-response research ideas as well as research ideas outside of the annual call for proposals.
Bonnie Fernandez-Fenaroli, Executive Director | Bonnie@centerforproducesafety.org, Ph. (530) 554-9761
BE THE FIRST TO KNOW | To receive email notifications for any upcoming Grant Opportunities or Request for Proposals please sign up here:
To receive e-mail updates about RFPs, click here.
Questions about concept proposals and CPS research priorities:
Center For Produce Safety