CPS Announces 2020 Research Priorities and Annual Call for Preliminary Proposals
September 11, 2019
The Center for Produce Safety announced their annual call for preliminary research proposals. Pre-Proposals and required documents should be received by CPS at the following email address: email@example.com no later than 12:00noon (Pacific Standard Time) on Tuesday, November 12, 2019.
- CPS Grant Opportunities webpage provides guidance documents, required forms, and industry collaborators (as they become available). Updates will be posted on this page.
- 2020 Research Priorities (click here)
- A few common questions and suggestions:
- Maximum length of pre-proposal is three single-spaced pages. Includes all required information. Check guidelines for font requirements.
- Indirect Cost Recovery IDC for funded proposals: 8% of personnel costs (salaries + benefits).
- Question - Will only priorities listed in the research priorities document be considered?
- Answer - Not necessarily, though there has been a great deal of effort to bring forth priorities that are considered important by the produce industry.
- Please check the CPS website for previously funded research (click here).
- Letters of support - while not required, they are encouraged. In particular, industry support that will help with the implementation of the project is considered a valuable resource to the project.
- Please check the CPS Grant Opportunity webpage for a list of industry collaborators. This list will be updated as collaborators are identified.
New this year! · Office hours dedicated to research scientists · September 30 - December 4
Do you plan to submit an preliminary proposal and would you like to ask questions about a specific industry practice or the reason for a particular research priority? During the week of September 30 - October 4, CPS will arrange a call with you, your team and a member(s) of the CPS Technical Committee or outside industry professionals to answer questions. Please send your questions and three preferred appointment times on or before Friday, September 27, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about proposal requirements and general administrative topics may be sent to email@example.com.